Hearty Vegetable and Brown Rice Soup
Internet Inspiration Soup
Now it’s getting colder I trawled through the Internet for thick soups suitable for liquidising. As always do always check that the ingredients and consistencies are suitable for any diet or texture that have been recommended by your dietitian and speech and language therapist.
- 60g cooked brown rice
- 60g chopped broccoli florets
- 60g chopped cauliflower florets
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 300ml stock
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground dried cumin
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup grated cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat stock to boiling. Stir in brown rice. Cover and cook, over low heat, for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetables and oregano. Simmer for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add basil, cumin, salt and pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle each with grated cheese.
Tell us what you think
Let us know your most easy to swallow soups and other favourite recipes by sending them to us at: